Here are the list of all the hikes I’ve routed out on AllTrails myself and have completed this year (starting July 2020 after Sydney lockdown eased), feel free to click on each one for a more indept recap & review of each hike and to download the GPX, get the allTrails recording so you can do these yourself. I host longer day hikes every Sunday through my meetup group (8-10+ hours). I also do night hikes on either Saturday/Friday night and some trail runs on Saturday morning.
Note: Rain hikes mean the hike was done in the rain and is quite safe to do so. Night hikes mean the hike was done in the dark with a headtorch and is quite safe to do so.
Note on diffuclty: The difficulty i provided here on each post is how I feel doing it taking distance, elevation, terrain and weather into account. Distance does not really affect me. A 42km marathon in perfect conditions with no elevation where I need to complete under 4 hours would be between a 7.5-8/10, use this as a benchmark.
These are all open tracks as of 23/12/2020 and/or when I completed these, please check for updates on National Parks website.
Public Transport Accessible (NO CAR REQUIRED!)
Blue Mountains National Park –
1. Springwood – Gooch’s Track/Grose Head South (33km)
2. Glenbrook Loop via Jellybean Pool, Euroka Clearing etc (28km)
* 3. Mount Victoria to Blackheath via a bunch of caves / porters pass (26km) – One of my favs!
5. Blaxland to Lostworld (7.2km) – Night Hike (some experience require here) (ALLTRAILS LINK)
6. Lostworld to Blaxland (7/2km) – Rain Hike (ALL TRAILS LINK)
7. Linden to Bullaburra via a bunch of waterfalls (29km)
* 8. Narrow Neck/Tarros Ladder/Carlon’s Head (37km) – A lot of scramble require – One of my favs!
* 9. Springwood – Martin’s Lookout + Lostworld (22km) – One of my favs!
10. Katoomba to Katoomba via Copeland Pass (25.6km) – Bit of a steep scramble require
11. Katoomba to Wentworth Falls via Lindeman Pass (25km) – Bit of a scramble require
12. Katoomba to Wentworth Falls via Sublime Point Trail & Sunset Rock (29.6km)
13. Leura to Wentworth Falls (21km) – Non Stop Rain Hike.
14. Mount Victoria to BlackHeath via Mt Piddington & Grand Canyon (30km) – Rain Hike
15. Katoomba to Wentworth Falls via Ruined Castle, Mt Solitary & Sunset Rock (35km)
16. Katoomba to Katoomba via Devils Hole & Carlon Head (36km)
17. Wentworth Falls to Blackheath via Lockley Pylon & Perrys Lookdown (35km)
18. Falcounbridge to Woodford via Lost World & St Helena Ridge (29km)
19. Mt Kuring-Gai to Roseville (38km)
20. MT VICTORIA TO BLACKHEATH VIA LITTLE BLUE GUM (35KM, ELEV 1130M)
21. Mt Solitary Katoomba Loop (36.5km)
Brisbane Waters National Park –
1. Wondabyne to Woy Woy via Pindar Caves + Mount Wondabyne (28km)
2. Little Wobby to Narara via Somersby (55km) over 2 days.
Bouddi National Park –
1. Woy Woy to Wagstaffe via Bouddi Coastal Track (38km)
Mount Kuring-gai National Park (I love to hike here at night due to how close I live here) –
1. Cowan to Brooklyn (13.2km) Night Hike (ALLTRAILS LINK)
2. Cowan to Berowra (12.5km) Night Hike (ALLTRAILS LINK)
3. Mt Kuring-Gai to St Ives (15.7km) Night Hike (ALLTRAILS LINK)
4. Brooklyn to Berowra via Cowan (30km)
5. Mt Kuring-Gai to Hornsby (26km) – Rain Hike
6. Mount Kuring-Gai to Wahroonga via Berowra (31.3km)
7. Mount Kuring-Gai to Cowan (20km) via Berowra Waters
8. Brooklyn to Mt Kuring-Gai (33km)
Garigal National Park
1. St Ives to Allambie Road via Garigal NP (32km) – Rain Hike (bloody leech infested)
2. St Ives to Manly via Garigal NP (33km) (Narrabean + Beaches)
3. Roseville to Mount Kuring-Gai (32km) – Rain Hike (bloody leech infested)
Kamay Botany Bay National Park
1. Cronulla to Kurnell (23km) – Rain Hike
Lane Cove National Park
1. Hornsby to Chatswood (33km) – Heat Hike (39 ‘C – Bring LOTS OF WATER, very well shaded)
Sydney Harbour National Park
1. Woolloomooloo to Watsons Bay (15km) – Night Walk (ALLTRAILS LINK)
2. Manly to Spit and Back (17km) – Night Walk
3. Manly to Kirribilli via North Head/Spit Bridge/Taronga Zoo (36km)
Royal + Heathcote National Park
1. Heathcote to Heathcote via Royal & Heathcote NP (28km) – Rain Hike
2. Otford to Bundeena via Royal Coast Track (30km) – Night Hike
3. Otford to Bundeena via Royal Coast Track (30km) – Day Hike
4. Otford to Bundeena via Royal Caost Track (30km) – Rain Hike
5. Waterfall to Loftus via Karloo Track + Audley (22km)
18. Helensburgh to Bundeena via Royal Coast Track + Extra Detours (38km)
1. Scarborough to Austimer via Seacliffe Bridge + Illawarra Range Hike (20km)
Blue Mountains National Park –
1. Katoomba to Jenolan Caves via 6 foot track (52km! in one day) – car shuffling required – Day/Rain/Night Hike
Kanangra Boyd National Park –
1. K2K in a day (47km)
Marramarra National Park –
1. Canoelands Ridge Track – Gentleman Halt and back (23km) – To come
This post is a work in progress and will be updated every week.
I take a PLB, first aid kit (first aid qualified), snake bite kit, walkie talkies on my walks.
Long Hikes OUTSIDE Sydney can be found here, this is a work in progress.
Meet the Author
Hi everyone! I'm William Chow, 26 year old hiker from Sydney, Australia. One of my many passion is hiking, bushwalking, camping, star gazing and exploring the outdoors so thanks for stopping by. Since I go hiking/bushwalking almost every weekend (and multi day hikes now and then when time allows), I decided to dedicate a site (seperate from my personal blogging site) to share my adventures on every walk I do, and I hope you feel my passion in my blog enough to do some walks yourself!
Quote of the day
When your body feels like giving up, that’s when your workout really starts.
* You will receive the latest adventure news and updates from your hiking buddy.